We are developing new types of 3D displays that enclose a virtual scene within a geometric shape, such as a cube or sphere. This new class of display technology is well suited for applications in telepresence, 3D visualization, computer-aided design and entertainment. We have shown demonstrations of our 3D displays at SIGGRAPH E-Tech and ACM CHI Interactivity, and SPECTRUM 2016 at the University of Saskatchewan.
Take a closer look at the pCubee and Cubee project HERE.
SphereeSee the Spheree project HERE.
- F. Ferreira, M. Cabral, O. Belloc, G. Miller, C. Kurashima, R. de Deus Lopes, Ian Stavness, J. Anacleto, M. Zuffo, and S. Fels. Spheree: A 3d perspective-corrected interactive spherical scalable display. ACM SIGGRAPH Emerging Technologies, number 23, 2014.
- Ian Stavness, B Lam, and SS Fels. pCubee: A Perspective-Corrected Handheld Cubic Display. ACM CHI '10: human factors in computing systems, pp. 1381-1390, April, 2010. [ PDF ]
- Y Tang, B Lam, Ian Stavness, and SS Fels. Kinect-based Augmented Reality Projection with Perspective Correction. ACM SIGGRAPH Posters, August, 2011.
- B Lam, Y Tang, Ian Stavness, and SS Fels. A 3D Cubic Puzzle in pCubee. IEEE 3D User Interface Contest, August, 2011. *** Awarded 2nd Prize ***
- B Lam, Ian Stavness, R Barr, and SS Fels. Interacting with a Personal Cubic 3D Display. ACM Multimedia Technical Demonstration, Pages 959-960. October. 2009. *** Awarded Best Demonstration ***
- Ian Stavness and SS Fels. Cubee: Thinking Inside The Box. ACM SIGGRAPH Emerging Technologies, number 5, 2006.